Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Section default policy
In consideration of publication of our article I have the permission of my co-authors to state as follows:
1. I assign to African Journal of Tropical Medicine and Biomedical Research with full title guarantee all rights of copyright and related rights of our article. So that there is no doubt, this assignment includes the assignment of the rights (a) to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the article worldwide in any forms, format and media now known or as developed in future, including print, electronic and digital forms (b) to translate the article into order languages, create adaptations, summaries or abstracts of the Article or other derivative work based on the article.
2. African Journal of Tropical Medicine and Biomedical Research shall prepare and publish our article in your journal. You reserve the right to make such editorial changes to make the Article suitable for publication in your Journal.
3. I hereby assert our moral rights to be identified as the authors of the Article according to the Copyright Designs and Patent act. These rights cannot be transferred.
4. I warrant that this article is our original work and it does not infringe on the intellectual property right of any other person or entity and cannot be construed as plagiarizing of any other published work. Therefore JRSH does not bear any legal responsibility for such opinions. I further warrant that the article
(i) has never been published, (ii) that it is not being considered for publication in another journal, and (iii) that it was submitted with the full knowledge and approval of the institutions listed as affiliates of the authors.
5. Without prejudice to 3 above, I warrant that the fully reference-linked version of scholarly record will only be used by the authors with due acknowledgement that it is the copyright of the Journal of Reproduction and Sexual Health (JRSH).
6. I warrant that I have the authority of my co-authors to sign this agreement on their behalf, and they have agreed to the order of the names of the contributors as in the manuscript of the article for publication.
7. This agreement (and any dispute, proceeding, claim or controversy in relation to it) is subject to Nigerian law and Jurisdiction of the Courts of Nigeria. It may only be amended by a document signed by both of us.
Click here to download the form which should be signed and mailed back to the editor-in-chief; firstname.lastname@example.org
The data collected from registered and non-registered users of this journal falls within the scope of the standard functioning of peer-reviewed journals. It includes information that makes communication possible for the editorial process; it is used to informs readers about the authorship and editing of content; it enables collecting aggregated data on readership behaviors, as well as tracking geopolitical and social elements of scholarly communication.
This journal’s editorial team uses this data to guide its work in publishing and improving this journal. Data that will assist in developing this publishing platform may be shared with its developer Public Knowledge Project in an anonymized and aggregated form, with appropriate exceptions such as article metrics. The data will not be sold by this journal or PKP nor will it be used for purposes other than those stated here. The authors published in this journal are responsible for the human subject data that figures in the research reported here.
Those involved in editing this journal seek to be compliant with industry standards for data privacy, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provision for “data subject rights” that include (a) breach notification; (b) right of access; (c) the right to be forgotten; (d) data portability; and (e) privacy by design. The GDPR also allows for the recognition of “the public interest in the availability of the data,” which has a particular saliency for those involved in maintaining, with the greatest integrity possible, the public record of scholarly publishing.